March 14, 2008

Morality Question - would you steal this pie?

Here's a morality question for you all. Last week I was in the local deli and bought a couple of things including a $15 tart/pie to feed the household.

But... while I was buying it and they were adding something else to the order, the woman beside me at the counter paid for her stuff, grabbed her bags - and my pie - and raced out the door.

The shop owner and the counter girl immediately realised that she'd taken my pie by mistake. She is apparently a regular customer, so they thought a) she'd be back within a few mins b) she'd ring from hom and tell them about the mistake c) she'd bring it back 'cos she lives locally and has to come back into the shop soon.

This week the deli staff and I are giggling and they're a little shocked because the (middle-class well-off lady customer) stole the pie, never surfaced , and hasn't come back yet. They're looking forward to seeing if she tries to pretend nothing happens the next time she walks in, whereas we know she's the Pie Thief. lol

We all get situations like this that are so tempting to get a little treat from the ATM or the universe or someone else's mistake. She probably thought she got lucky with a very EAT-ME-Now free tart. But she stole from them and my dinner too! They kindly gave me another one so I didn't starve.

Would you steal the pie? Or are you going to give a funny/fake answer cos if you say HELL YES FREE PIE, the whole internet will brand you as a dishonest person?

No comments:

Post a Comment